Friday, September 23, 2011

S'more goodness!


So this recipe is right off the back of the 17.5 oz Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix. It looks like it might be a special edition type thing, so I'm documenting it for all eternity! I wanted to do a taste test, so I took pictures just in case it turned out good... critics agree!

Here's the recipe for the Winner's Circle S'more Bars:



1 pouch (17.5oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
1 cup of butter (2 sticks) - it's worth it!
3 cups milk chocolate chips
4.5 cups miniature marshmellows (not all pictured below)



Heat oven to 375*F. In large bowl, stir together cookie mix and graham crumbs. 


Stir in softened butter (2 sticks) until soft dough forms.
(one stick of paper wrapped butter in microwave for 10-15 seconds)


Soft dough forming....


Spread and press into UNgreased 13x9 pan.


Bake 18-20 minutes until set and golden brown on the edges. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crust.


Let stand 3-5 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt. Spread evenly with a knife.


Set oven temperature to broil. Sprinkle marshmellows over melted chocolate. 


Broil bars, 5-6 inches from the heat for 20 - 30 seconds or until marshmallows are toasted (mine took more like a minute but I was on LO broil). Watch closely, because the marshmellows brown QUICKLY. I left these in just a few seconds longer...


Ah yes! Golden brown...


I couldn't wait and I had to eat one after waiting only 5 minutes... I do recommend allowing them to cool for at least 10 minutes so the bars stay together (like in the first picture). Delish and I recommend to all! The broiling does give the marshmallows the characteristic campfire taste. mmm good.


Sew. Sweet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment