Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ali's inspired purse

...and for a little sewing on the side...
not for a how-to, or a gift, but a just because!

I wanted to make a purse similar to one and old one I have (circa 2000) and this is how it turned out.

Here's my original bag and inspiring fabrics:

And the Ali version completed:


a little detail here and there...


a super fun inside zipper that also helps the bag keep its shape...


and into the belly of the beast...


It's fun to stretch your brain every now and then, but to have something to show for it afterwards!



Sew. Sweet.


4 comments:

  1. Beautifully and cleverly done! Good thinking and great execution on your part. Love the fabrics you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ann... Thanks so much! It's kinda fun to reinvent an old design and I hope I'll do another one really soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this!! This makes me want to revamp a purse right away. . . On my list of fun things to do. :)
    -Robyn from http://www.tipsfromtheheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, impressive! There are so many little detailed touches!

    ReplyDelete