Thursday, January 12, 2012

We're Bacccckkkkk! Applique Pillow Tutorial

Anddd...We're Back!  Sorry for our insanely long leave of absence.  The fall seemed to fly by and for some reason we just couldn't stay caught up with it!  It was full of school and studying for Alison and full of sickness after sickness in my family - oh, and watching the hubby study.  We did squeeze in a few sewing nights here and there, but they always seemed to be rushed and full of frantically trying to get things done at the last minute!  But now we are finally catching up with LIFE and are excited to share some new projects!

But first, here is some of the fun stuff we did while we were away...


Halloween Costumes!

The BabyKid was a PEACOCK for her first Halloween! 


And the always crafty Alison painted the town of Nashville, TN as Sonic and Tails with her sweet sweet boyfriend, Brett!  I'm pretty sure they had the best costumes in the city.

Next came Adalyn Faith's first birthday outfit!  I CANNOT believe my baby is already ONE! (well, actually 14 months now, she was 1 in November) It has been such an amazing year watching this little girl grow!

This was the first petti-skirt I made.  Besides the HUGE mistake of choosing a regular chiffon fabric instead of the nifty pre-cut, non-fray type, this was a fun project! I see many more in the future..I just LOVE all the ruffles!

After birthday came Christmas, and of course it required some handmade gifts.  One of my favorites were the guitar pillows that I made for my ADORABLE nephews!

After Christmas, Ali and I had some fun making this ridiculousness...

CROCHETED BEARDS!!  For all the boys on ski trip!  They got a huge kick out of them!

And lastly, some fabulous ski hats that Ali made for her and Brett.  They definitely hit the slopes in style!

Ok, ok...Now onto the good stuff!

My sweet cousin and one of my closest friends, Lindsey, just had her second child.  A PRECIOUS baby girl named Mackenzie Elizabeth.  Little Mackenzine decided to make her debut early, so I whipped out this little pillow over the weekend to send to her!  It's so fun to customize stuff with appliques and I just love this sweet little pillow! 


Check out the video for the how to!

1 comment:

  1. Alas my boyfriend and I came up with a Sonic and Tails idea this year and I've been trying to find a good example of how to make it. Do you perchance have a full picture or idea of how to make this?

    ReplyDelete